header

header

12.19.2014

Disguising Gifts of Cash


Maybe I'm a pooper, but I hate to give teens an envelope of cash for holidays.  I know it makes them happy, but I love the look of disappointment when they see a box to open when they asked for money. This year, I disguised cash in a couple different ways.

Above, I made a tube from card stock and placed it into a jar with cash inside. Then, I filled up the jar around the tube with candy and screwed on the lid.  Heh, heh, the poor kid thought he was getting a jar of candy for his 16th birthday! Hilarious.

For his second gift, I removed candy from a box of chocolates and filled the spaces with folded up cash and candy coins:


Happy gifting!

2 comments:

  1. I love your ideas. I will definitely be giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love disguising cash or gift card gifts! My son received a gift card inside one of those maze boxes ~ he had to move a ball through the maze to unlock the box. Kind of like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Maze-Brainteaser-Puzzle-Unlocks-Compartment/dp/B004U6TIAI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1419097963&sr=8-9&keywords=money+holder+maze

    He was so frustrated with it and I couldn't help but laugh a little :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work