header

header

2.08.2016

4 Days Post-Op Update!


So, I'm 4 days out of ACL Repair Surgery and knee-deep in the rehab process. They had me in my 1st PT session less than 24 hours out of surgery!!

My 4 exercises are:

Quad Sets - tightening quad muscles with legs outstretched. 
Quad Raises- raising straight leg to the height of opposite knee. 
Calf Stretches - pulling back foot with straight leg. 
Heel Slides - pull heel toward butt using a strap. 

Here is my improvised Heel Slide DIY:


Using my kids' roll-up sled as a smooth surface and a yoga strap, I can get good glide as I pull my heel back to get a 90 degree bend. Improvisational PT equipment!!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Wishing you a speedy recovery Jenn - and I love your groovy wine glass pants!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and keep that PT up! I couldn't comment on your question for me since you are a 'no reply' blogger. But I had very different surgery. In any case, my quads on the left forgot how to function and I had to relearn how to walk. I used a stim device for two months - thank you, insurance company. MY ADVICE: Be religious about those exercises and push yourself as much as is comfortable and safe. P.S. Love those pj's. YOU CAN DO THIS! Sending you best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work